Freshly brewing coffee? Baking bread? Do they really work?
In my opinion, these are just a little bit too obvious – and as such, will come across as you trying too hard. However, it is true that the sense of smell does play a huge part in making a viewer feel they could be at home. Here are my Top Five Tips for giving your home the Sweet Smell of Success:
1. A vanilla pod in the oven on a low heat is far more subtle, but smells delicious.
2. Dog owner? Take pooch and any pooch-related bedding out of the house in plenty of time before the viewing – trust me, non-dog lovers will be able to smell it a mile away.
3. Scented candles (used sparingly) smell much nicer than spray fresheners.
4. Place tumble drier conditioning sheets at the base of all of your bins for a lovely fresh laundry smell.
5. Pop some pot pourri in your vacuum cleaner before you clean the house for a subtle but appealing scent.
I scents an offer….[ boom boom.]
If you’d like my help to sell your home more effectively, please answer a few short questions here and if I think I can help you, I’ll be in touch.