I have a dream.. that one day in this country, property will be marketed with the cost per square foot clearly indicated. These are my arguments:
1. It’s much more common in the US and in Europe
2. It’s easier to see how much house you’re getting for your money
3. It will help stop massive over-valuing or ‘buying boards’ (the practice of over-valuing to win instructions)
4. It allows direct comparisons of properties
5. We even buy our loo rolls like this – 2p per sheet for example, so why not our houses?
I always present my clients with a Price Per Square Foot Analysis, and whilst the critics out there will argue that there’s much more to property valuing than this, it’s a very good starting point.
If you’d like my help to sell your home more effectively, please answer a few short questions here and if I think I can help you, I’ll be in touch.
What to read next: Is there a hidden reason why your house isn’t selling?
What to do next: Sign up to my Selling Secrets http://www.home-truths.co.uk/selling-secrets